Dear students, dear parents, family and friends,
It is a pleasure to welcome you on my behalf and on behalf of the entire team that make possible Colegio Mayor Vedruna.
From my work as Director of the Mayor I pretend to offer the best of myself from the essential and fundamental values in our lives such as love, joy, commitment and responsibility, faithful to the ideology of our founder Santa Joaquina de Vedruna.
We feel fortunate in this Educational Project, through which we are entrusted with the wonderful and magical task of accompanying our young university students in their integral formation. We walk alongside them, sharing and living with enthusiasm all the wealth that emanates from the Colegio Mayor. From there, from school life, each year we offer various activities, workshops, trainings, conferences …, enjoying each one of them throughout the year, as well as at important moments as Solidarity Week and Culture Week. All this in order to contribute and favor the growth and personal development of the schoolgirls, caring for and nurturing all the dimensions of their person, such as: the spiritual dimension, the physical dimension, the intellectual dimension and the socio-emotional dimension, all of them together.
In this beautiful mission in which we trust, we find ourselves united by the Vedruna Charism, living as a family and working as a team, since nothing worthwhile is achieved alone, this being the main key to any achievement.
I will have the door open for everyone and everything. I hope, with enthusiasm, that the Colegio Mayor is for all the schoolgirls, in addition to a place of study and work, a meeting place, a place of relationship, ultimately of LIFE, and be the foundation and pillar for young women to become Strong, Humble and Diligent women, in the style of Santa Joaquina de Vedruna.
With my best wishes to all, I greet you very cordially and I place myself at your disposal.
Eva Mª Romanillos Alonso
An essential key to our educational Project is TEAMWORK, also important in pur Vedruna Charisma: “All for love, nothing for force” (Joaquina de Vedruna).
We want to walk together with the young university students from the conviction that, working as a Team, we get better results. That is why we give the opportunity to the students to be part of the College Council. In this Council we count with two representatives of: first and second course, culture area, pastoral care, theater and sports.
This Delegates are the ones who encourage the rest of the students to participate in different activities.
In this course the delegates are:
- Decan Team: Laura Gutiérrez (Decana), Nuria Cabrera (Vicedecana), Bárbara Rodríguez (Vicedecana)
- First Course Delegates: Paula Jiménez y Ana Rueda.
- Second Course Delegates: Mª Cruz Martínez y Ángela Morales.
- Sports Delegates: Marta Damiano y Sara Ruiz.
- Pastoral Delegates: Guiomar Sánchez y Marta Silvestre.
- Culture Delegates: Lidia León e Isabel Navarro.
- Theater Delegates: Almudena Hernández y Georgina Tarragó.
- Debate Delegates: Pilar García y Laura Martínez.
Students can also participate in school life by being part of the committees. These committees are formed according to the needs or wishes of the students and normally they are:
- Dinning committee: They prepare the menus and make sure that everything works well in the dining room.
- Films committee: They Project films and encourage us to watch them together.
- Library committee: They are responsable of books.